How do you start a wine cellar? We asked a sommelier and cellar raider who builds and sells cellars how to start wine collection. Plus, see how we did raiding a 6000-bottle wine cellar! Get the guide → https://wfol.ly/3fhC99G
Curious to learn more about how to start a wine cellar? Read this article → https://winefolly.com/deep-dive/how-to-start-a-wine-collection/
Get the award-winning book → https://wfol.ly/3hVqtuQ
I met up with sommelier, Erik Segelbaum, in Seattle to talk about cellar raiding and how to start your wine collection. He had some valuable tips:
• The best wines to cellar are usually in the above $20 price point
• Avoid sweet rosé wines in your cellar, they don’t age well or command a resale value.
• Buy what you’d like to drink.
• Try getting on a cellar raider’s list, like Erik’s at https://thesomlyay.com for good deals on older vintages.
• Producer trumps vintage every time. A “bad” vintage could actually cellar better in the long term